Tomorrow I'm going back to school. Not for graphic design or professional organizing or photography or any of those other creative things I was thinking about doing with my life. Nope. Because that would require self-motivation, and at this point, I need some major structure.
Instead, I'm going to nursing school.
Those words still feel as weird to me as "husband" did when I first got married.
I'm taking psychology and chemistry and anatomy and the labs that go with them. I bought notebooks and textbooks. I've forked over almost $2000, so I am literally invested. I have everything I need except the confidence.
I know I'm smart, but really, I haven't learned with the intensity of education since my senior year in high school. College wasn't that tough for me, probably because I never took a single math or science course, but high school was freaking intense. I was learning physics and calculus and Spanish and Shakespeare and history and anatomy... in a single day.
Now I can barely keep up with the Kardashians. Or what day it is.
Tomorrow will be my first test.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
In the words of the great Waterboy sideline guy, "You can DO IT!"
P.S. HA HA You said "Back to School"
I just hope my teachers wear aprons and have advanced blackboards. BACK TO SCHOOL!
Good Luck!! You can do anything you set your mind to ... just need to make sure your heart is in this for the long haul ... ya know, since being a nurse means you'll be saving lives. You're gonna kick nursing school's booty!
Also, I'm jealous that you get new schools supplies - I always loved stocking up for the new year or sememster.
You got this, Amber! No doubt.
PS - My Mom is a professor in the Radiography Dept at BCTC and she said you are welcome to stop by her office anytime. She's in the Oswold Buildinga and would love for you to visit. She has a new fishtank and you might want to go check on her fishees - she just named them Eenie, Meenie, Mieni & MO.
Post a Comment