Last night, while Mack was sleeping soundly under the breeze of the ceiling fan, Jen drove us off a narrow road and we almost plummeted to our deaths.
It started out as a fun little excursion, a little girlfriend road trip with Jen behind the wheel, me in the backseat, and some strange person I don't remember in the passenger seat. We were heading out to a little park at the end of a narrow road and were pretty excited to spend the day relaxing.
But this road was no ordinary narrow road. Unless your narrow roads are ordinarily suspended over enormous bodies of water and lacking anything remotely resembling a guard rail.
Despite the danger lurking at every... place... we calmly chatted about life. Easy breezy. And then, as we rounded a gentle curve, Jen misjudged her tires and the front right one slipped off the edge of the road.
The car tilted forward and we looked at each other and let out as sigh. Not a scream as you might expect, or a holy fuck we're going to die, but a sigh. Like, a "here we go again" sigh.
Because I am apparently an expert at cars plummeting into bodies of water, I advised my carmates to go ahead and open their doors so that when we landed in the water, we could easily escape the sinking vehicle. I also decided that, since I was again soooo good at this type of scenario, I'd go ahead and grab my satchel, which was carrying my laptop and my iPhone, even though all the survival guides tell you to forget about your purse. Those things clearly don't consider a person's devotion to Apple products.
We hit the water and all of us safely escaped the vehicle in those few seconds it takes for the car to fill up and start sinking. I started swimming to the bridge support, hoping that if I could just get my electronics out of the water quickly, maybe they could recover. But when I looked behind me, I saw Jen was still hanging onto the car door. Like it was a floaty.
Again with the "here we go again" sigh.
Since my electronics were in all likelihood already ruined, I swam over to her just as the car started to pull her under, grabbed her arm, and brought her to the surface. Together we swam toward the bridge support, but before we reached it we were magically transported to the roadway. I started unpacking my wet electronics and asking other drivers if anyone had a blow dryer.
So, "here we go again" sigh, what does this one mean?
For a review of the last one, which is freakishly similar, click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I think this just means you are good under pressure. Is school already stressing you?
Eat oreo before bed
Eat oreo before bed
Where is Amy with her thoughts?? She basically wrote the bible on what dreams mean ... I can only hope it means we're both destined to win Powerball or MegaMillions sometime soon : )
I thought this really happened, and, yes, I was more sad about the Apple products than Jen's car. Sorry, Jen.
I had a very vivid dream last night that you and I were meeting for lunch and you strolled in with a sorority sweatshirt on. I started blinking in disbelief and you informed me that since you are going back to school, you thought it fitting that you pledge this time around and were a new sister at Kappa Kappa Gamma.
And, Liz, understood - you Mac people have odd attachments to your products. As long as you wouldn't pick saving that over a real person ...
Where is Amy in all of this? I personally, as in in person, asked her to post her insights as a comment. So, Ames... dish!
ok... here goes...
The narrow road means focus... that means there is something in your life that you need to or are beginning to direct all of your available attention to. The park is really irrelevant unless the park means something special to you. The fact that the road is suspended over an enormous body of water (which is free flowing thought,spirituality, or activity) means that your focus is on something less than concrete... you're not sure it is the right thing to be focused on, but you're not convinced it isn't. Rarely are there every guardrails in dreams about driving... driving usually symbolizes taking control of the situation, but with you in the backseat (not even the passenger seat), that means you are letting someone else take control of whatever it is that you are focused on. Jen is pretty consistent in your dreams about this stuff but i feel she's pretty irrelevant to this dream other that the fact that she is close to you and is familiar to you. Our minds have a funny way of making things relative to things we are comfortable or familiar with.
The sense of danger you were feeling just equates to the uncertainty in whatever it is you are focusing on... you don't have the answers and that scares you.
You going over the edge is a little weird... it's like you're ok with being uncertain because you are calm about 'plummeting into' a body of water. Your mind has prepared you for whatever it is you are going to do, whether you know it or not... opening car doors, etc. The electronics are a little dicey for me... i'm guessing you have things on there that are important to you but not as important as your comfort/stability (i.e. Jen).
The fact that you end up on the roadway again is just your mind surmising all of the things i just told you here... your brain already interpreted that it was ready for whatever it was that was coming...
Sorry for the delay... i've been a little preoccupied... and then i kinda forgot about it.
Hmmm. Very cool Amy. You could do this professionally.
But be wary the dreams you may have in pursuing a career change...
Thanks for the insights.
Post a Comment