Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sweet, sweet vegans

I got fat over the winter, so I'm trying to do more cooking type things and less eating convenient fast food type things. When I cook I eat way better (as in healthier and more delicious) than when I rely on outside sources to feed me, and thanks to a really good cookbook selection, I've been pretty productive the last few days.

Vegetarian rubens, enchiladas, stuffed pitas, curried cauliflower, pineapples and strawberries.

But these... these vegan banana split cupcakes with vegan buttercream frosting and vegan chocolate ganache and a strawberry on top... these aren't exactly what a fat person should be cooking. They are, however, what a fat person likes eating.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may have to convert to Vegan. Sounds and looks scrumptious.

Anonymous said...

Your enchiladas are to die for, I can only imagine what these yummy things taste like. Yummmmm

Philip Deskins said...

I love your vegetarian posts! Keep on fightin' the good fight Amber! Oh, I like your Chili too! It was delicious!

Jen said...

Have I mentioned my new kitchen?? The one with all new stainless appliances ... and 42" cabinets ... and an appliance garage ... and an island ... and new granite counters ... ?? Come on up anytime after April 14 and feel free to test out recipes ... there'll be a vegan chocolate on your guest room pillow : )

Ms. Thomas said...

Oh my god Jen, that sounds like the Top Chef Kitchen! I have a one basin sink, a stove top that's 18" wide max, and one single countertop that's the size of a textbook. Imagine the things I could do with an island, stainless appliances, an appliance garage... are you sure you didn't purchase a home in heaven?

Shanonita said...

wow! when did you make these and why didn't I get any. AND, you are not a fat person. maybe you wanna be but you're not.

fidget said...

mmm curried cauliflower

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS