That a part-time job in high school would have flourished into lifelong friendships still amazes me. Together we've helped each other through heartache, rock bottoms, financial crises, the loss of parents, disease, layoffs, and miscarriages. We've celebrated graduations, engagements, marriages, and births, and while the physical distance between each of us has increased, the emotional closeness seems to be as tight as it ever was, if only out of gratitude and appreciation and understanding.
The only wish I have for this next generation is that they get to have people in their lives as wonderful as the people I've been blessed with in mine. I hope they have people like you who teach them what friendship is all about.








5 comments:
Stop making me cry in the middle of the day! I love all of our younguns' ... seeing Anna compared to Charlotte makes me a little sad because I realize how much she's grown in just a few short months, but then I see Hanley and Iris and realize how much awesomeness is yet to come! Thanks for capturing this for us!
AND. Our little ones are lucky as ever to have a cool, fun, fantastic Auntie Am in their lives!!
I get all of this luckiness too and I didn't even have to work at TRU : ) So glad i'm part of this fabulous little group.
-kristin
I second Kristin's comment. So glad I went for it and attended a party where I knew not a single person, except Phil.
Not only did I meet the love of my life, but his great friends became mine as well.
You have nice friends who have sweet children.
Post a Comment