Seasonal Affective Disorder has got to be one of the most bizarre conditions in the world, right up there with Sundowners Syndrome.
I live in one of the sunniest places in the world, but ever since Halloween I've been feeling a gloomy funk settling in that is perfectly timed with a season Mack and I call the Grey Times. You know, in Kentucky it's wet and everything is soggy and the sky is grey for approximately a million years and outside is so useless it might as well not even be there.
We may not have Grey Times anymore, but my body is starting to lay on the couch too much and eat too much and do all the things the Grey Times make you want to do that lead to January-February Disease.
I'm only in my first year of rehab from the Grey Times, so I guess this is my first go at breaking the cycle and retraining my brain, but I was really hoping the sun was a magical cure and it wouldn't take any internal effort. Looks like I'm going to have to actually walk my ass down to meet the sun to really nip this thing in the bud.
In case SAD is trying to settle on your generally good mood too, here's today's treatment, courtesy of Down the Hill.
Wednesday, November 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I HATE this time of year. Major funkage all around.
Post a Comment