Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Neither Hair nor There

So fine, I'm addicted to Season VI American Idol.

(I make it appear smarter by calling it Season "VI"... because everyone knows that adding Roman numerals to something makes it seem a little smarter. And since this post is actually about Sanjaya's hair, I need all the help I can get in the smart appearance department.)

God, I need a life.

Let's start with the prelim, post-you're-going-to-Hollywood Sanjaya. He knows the curls work, but he lacks the product knowledge that let the curls work.
After just one week (and one trixie stylist whose sole purpose is to grow a diverse portfolio), Sanjaya showed up with a refined look that was all his own. Bland, beige button down and bouncy, fresh locks. A breath of fresh air.
But wait. Is Michael Jackson really trying to make a comeback on American Idol? But, he already has Neverland. And two kids with the same name. What else does a fallen pop star need? What does a burgeoning star need? Not to try Michael's predisposition.
Well, when pop star predecessors don't get you any respect, what's left but to try to be smooth. And sleek. And shiny. And channeling a modern day Paula Abdul. Who exactly does this guy want to be?
After wavy, wavy refined, and stick straight, what's shoulder-length hair left to do but kink up in a brillo padesque clump? That Randy suggested his look was reflective of Diana Ross does an injustice to afros. Randy, and Sanjaya, should know better.

1 comment:

Jen said...

This is great! You're so witty!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS