11:17 Boss suggests we take a walk to get a muffin.
11:18 Boss and I talk about how cute his kid is.
11:23 Boss orders a banana nut muffin.
11:24 Boss and I sit at bistro table outside of cafe next to a vibrant window box.
11:25 I drop the "I thought about it and..." bomb. With the words comes a huge internal sigh of relief. Feel very grateful for the supportive conversations with mom and mother-in-law this weekend. Boss shakes his head knowingly, surprises me with how easy he's making this, wins my favor and sincere appreciation.
11:36 I say thank you. Boss says thank you. We get up.
11:37 Walk back to the office feeling 100 pounds lighter and realize I STILL don't have a firm answer or absolute resolution.
11:41 Weight settles back onto my shoulders. Dammit Joan...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
This is too cryptic. What does this mean? Did you get laid off? Did you quit?
I DON'T KNOW!!! I can't quit, but did I get laid off? Someone interpret because this obscurity is killing me!
I really need to get on this twitter thing because I'm confused. What's going on? You may or may not be laid off but your boss won't say? More info please.
I'm confused...
So it looks like we're all confused by what transpired, right? Good, because I didn't want to be the only one who missed the takeaway. I said the words "if my position is no longer available, you have to lay me off so I can look for a new job," he said, "OK. Let's talk Thursday."
WHA??!!!
HAHAHAHA! It couldn't happen any other way. This is all boss ever does: make people feel good based on a vague look or weird eye contact alone. I'm thinking that you will get laid off within the next week, right? If this happens I will bake you a cake and/or something savory of your choice. Ooo, I did have a KILLER pistachio and sea salt brownie while in PDX, perhaps this would be perfect.
what just happened???
What is PDX and why are people eating salty brownies? I'm confused about the comments on the confusing post.
Mwah ha ha ha ha. It worked. Liz is confused!!
PDX is Portland. And salty brownies are delicious. I've never had them, but I'm convinced they are.
It's like the Mafia - you can't get out!
I think some deadlines are in order. I have to make my Director give herself deadlines or nothing would get accomplished. Make deadlines on when you will leave, when you will eat that killer pistachio and sea salt brownie, and when you will have your lay off party 'cause that is the new exciting thing. . .to hell with these uncertainties--grab your life back!
I think based on your Twitter comment, it finally happened. I know it was what you wanted, but are you still a little sad? I can't wait to see you soon and give you a big hug!!!
Amber, I forgot to tell you to inform your boss that you will take a $6 mil certified check to satisfy his desire to have you leave the company. If it's good for Billy Gillespie, when/if he's fired, it's definitely good for you.
Don't forget to accidentally take the Peabodys and the Golden Globe. I want those.
Post a Comment