Tuesday, August 04, 2009

If a tree falls downtown during a thunderstorm and traps a girl, why don't I hear it?

During the storm that turned High Street into an urban river today, I propped open the front door and watched the cars raft past my house. The lightning took that as an invitation to come into the living room, so I ended up holding my computer in my arms and my phone in my hand and looking out the door from the hallway. Basically, I looked tough.
While the rain tore through town, the newsroom people and meteorologists on TV tried to relay that it was freaking serious but there was no cause for alarm. Also that rush hour in Stamping Ground was really going to blow and that a girl was trapped in her car after a tree fell on it while she was driving down East High Street.

What? I'd been staring at East High Street for the last 30 minutes and I'd missed that?!
Apparently so.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Did you help get her out? Is she OK?

Also, Funny People was not funny?

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS