I've always had a soft spot in my heard for the tramp. About five years ago after five or so beers I caught a glimpse of a tramp in a neighbor's backyard and headed over to reclaim a piece of my childhood. Only problem was I was bigger, slower and drunker than when I'd mastered the tramp. The experience was cut short when I went flying from the trampoline and knew I was either going to hit the ground or come down with a spring between my legs. Despite my altered mind, I made a promise to myself that I would never again jump on a trampoline.
But then I was visiting Lexington this month and saw a sticker that says, "Do one thing everyday that scares you," and I adopted that as the lead on my to do list. When Heather said, "We bought a trampoline, wanna jump?," I responded with my old mindset, "No, it's dark and they're dangerous." Thank god for peer pressure.
Gio, a workmate who is younger and spryer than me, and Heather, who has to be since she has two boys, went careening for the trampoline and I refused to be the sissy left behind. Plus, Heather's trampoline has the protective net fence that keeps you from coming down on the springs or flying off the side. A few cautious jumps into it, and I was, at worst, a novice again. We were shooting up like rockets, enjoying the sense of weightlessness that only a tramp can give, playing "Crack the Egg" and "Knee Sit Knee." We were remembering how great it is to play, how fun it is to fall.





We were also discovering some of the ways we've aged. Gio didn't have the problem, but Heather and I peed a little everytime we got a good jump. Heather had the excuse of having two babies, but I couldn't play that card. I also had to collapse at some points to keep my heart from exploding my head since it was beating so fast. A trampoline is just about the best, most fun workout ever! It even tones your bladder!

5 comments:
But, were you sore the next day??? Because the last time I jumped on a trampoline well into my twenties, I didn't regret it fully until the next day when I felt as if I had been beaten.
I remember that trampoline at "the Bob". That Dave, he damn near returned everything that he ever bought. I miss that...
Yeah, the Bob tramp was okay. I think we jumped on it six times and then he returned it. That's when inflatable pools boasting floating beers and bottles of whiskey came into my life. How could a trampoline compete with that?!!
You are a dead woman! Send me all those photos chica, John wants to see my embarassing moments in all their glory.
We bought the tramp just for the demons, right?!?
I can only remember jumping on the Bob O Link one once or twice. Trampolines are not to be trusted. They lure you in with all the fun they promise and then one wrong jump and you are off to the ER with a spring up your (expletive). I've never experienced one of these new fangled ones Heather has. Looks fun though!
Post a Comment