
Betsy turns 19 on October 19, and to celebrate, the dollface wanted to go to a pumpkin patch. Can I just say greatest idea ever? Soaking up the pumpkin orange and the scarlet leaves and the muddy air was just the dose of fall I was craving. We picked the best pumpkins in the patch, Betsy scored a baby pumpkin to put outside her dorm door, and then Daddy went in to pay, as usual. When we got home Betsy admitted that all the years before when Mom and Dad had taken her to the pumpkin patch to pick a pumpkin she never realized they had to pay for the pumpkin. Older and wiser!

On the way home Mom and I picked up some pizza from Pazzo's to really bring home the P-theme that was developing from the day. We got home, argued over who got to hold Ben (who was also celebrating his one-month birthday), stuffed our faces and then capped the meal with pumpkin pie. Betsy landed a black iPod, three jars of pickles, an Amber ring from Amber, and a Chi flat iron. I, sadly and despite numerous attempts, didn't manage to clepto any of her loot. 
We knew the party was about to rage out of control when Seth brought out his Math homework and Matt started shouting at his laptop about football. I had a positively perfect Sunday in Lexington, and hope Betsy's 19th is her sweetest year yet. She really is turning into one of the most beautiful women I've ever met.

No comments:
Post a Comment