A year and a half ago, I put "learn poi" on my Google To Do List. And then I stared at it until this past January when I finally got sick of looking at it and signed up for a poi class.
Poi is basically spinning wads attached to strings around your body. Sometimes those wads are just bags of beans, sometimes they're glowing eggs, and sometimes they're balls of fire.
Last night was a ball of fire night.
I especially like the commentary by Victor, a long-haired Harley biker dude who taught me that you're only supposed to sport a braid after you've had sex with someone. He sounds almost girlish in his fire watching delight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Pretty cool, Amber! you look like your having fun. Braids after sex, huh? he must be talking about a "bang" braid! (rim shot)
Thats awesome!!!
I haven't watched the video with the sound yet (cause I'm too lazy to get my headphones out of my desk), but this looks super cool! When I first read your description of poi, I thought "is she talking about ribbon dancing like we did in the 80's?" ... quickly learned that you weren't : )
Cool! I kinda feel motivated to go do something new now. We'll see how long that lasts...
This reminds me of watching your friend fire dance in my front yard. Good for you! I cannot wait to see what Sarah has to say about this--she would be so afraid of the fire!
Amber, you never fail to surprise me.
Lisa
I had Poi on my to-do list, but I mistook it for poo, and once I finished that I just crossed it off.
Liz. You are hilarious and these comments make me miss you terribly.
Post a Comment