Friday, September 29, 2006

All Hail the Chief

I know everyone has seen this, talked about it, picked a side, heightened their hatred and disregard for the other, blah, blah, blah. I saw it and read the transcripts and while simultaneously falling all over again for my naughty, beloved Bill, the first man I ever elected into office, I also fell into disgust over the arrogance and condescending attitude of journalism today.
New rule: NO ONE WITH THE LAST NAME WALLACE IS ALLOWED TO INTERVIEW ANYONE.

Last time I studied journalism, the goal of an interview wasn't to bully someone into your perspective but to tell the story, without opinion and speculation, with simple questions and genuine curiosity. What happened to our media? What's happening to my country, the one I learned optimism and possibility from as a kid, the one that gave me a patriotic feeling at the polls, the one that made me feel like I mattered in this ridiculous world? Is a sly fox really trying to ruin it as I sit here? I think it's time the media had a watchdog.

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS